Phones are crucial for any business because it makes communication more efficient and accessible within an organisation. Having a phone can make your employees communicate their concerns easily, and clients can easily reach out to your business, resulting in smooth business operations and transactions.
However, finding the right phone can be tricky because there are different choices available. It will be hard for you to know the right phone system your business should have if you have no idea about them. So in this article, we will tell you about the different types of phone systems you can have for your business. We’ve also included their benefits to help you make an informed decision when choosing a phone system for your business.
Here are the different business phone options you can have and their benefits:
Phone Option #1: Hosted Phones (Hosted PBX)
This type of phone system is hosted in the cloud. Usually, your internet courier or telephone lines will provide you with this type of system since they have a large-scale platform that will connect your subscriptions per user or device. If you choose hosted phones for your business, it can offer you the following benefits:
- Your business can have enterprise features such as voicemail to email, call recording, and mobile and desktop applications where you can use remotely.
- This phone system setup is usually very cost-effective compared to older models.
- It can offer straightforward self-administration wherein you can easily change names, password resets, and change call flows.
- It can always have new features.
Phone Option #2: Premises-Based Phone Systems
Premises-based phone systems are phone systems that are physically onsite. They have some sort of server hardware and are connected to phone lines onsite. If your business has this kind of phone system, your business can have the following benefits:
- In most cases, premises-based phone systems have a lower total cost of ownership, providing you with low costs to pay.
- You can have more control over the system’s program and integrations.
- This type of system has a flexible payment structure.
- Your business can have an improved level of support and different support options because it’s the business phone system provider or an expert who will give your business support solutions.
Phone Option #3: Hybrid Phone Platform
A Hybrid phone platform uses a combination of VoIP handsets and premises-based PBX. If you choose this option, you can have these benefits:
- Since a Hybrid phone platform is a combination of VoIP handsets and premises-based PBX, you can experience the best of both worlds.
- You can own the platform outright and only pay for lines and ongoing support as needed.
- You can have an overall lower total cost of ownership.
Knowing the benefits of the different business phone systems available can help you choose the best one you can have for your business. Remember, phone systems should make your business operations run seamlessly, so make sure to select the best one that can benefit your business a lot. But, if you’re unsure, ask an expert who can accurately identify your business requirements and build a solution directly around your business.
If you are looking for the best business phone systems in Calgary, count on TP Communications. Whether your business needs a digital phone system, VoIP system, Cloud-Based System, or even Unified Communications solution, we have your solution design, implementation, training, and troubleshooting covered. Get in touch with us today!