Is Point-to-Point for you
TP Communications continues to work with multiple businesses that are spread over multiple buildings on a single site. These buildings are often not all connected to the network via cable, and thus, to create a wireless network or use connected devices, they require some sort of connection. With a point-to-point device, your business can leverage high power antennas to shoot the signal from one building to the next as opposed to the expensive alternative of trenching a cable in from one building to the next. The diagram below illustrates how a point-to-point solution works.
The Point-to-Point process
A point-to-point network is reliant on multiple key details:
- Is there a clear line of sight between both points
- Do you have enough bandwidth to make it worth it?
- What equipment needs a connection on the other side?
- How much distance is in-between the two points?
As you can see, point-to-point solutions are reliant on a comprehensive site visit before they can be deemed feasible or infeasible. Based on this requirement our process follows the following steps:
- Determine your networking needs and requirements from both sides of the connection.
- Gather site details and plan a site survey
- Visit the site and determine the physical feasibility of the connection, as well as speed requirements.
- Create a quote based on the feasibility assessment.