A server rack is a critical piece of equipment for any business that relies on servers for its operations. The rack size will determine how many servers can be stored within it, and the dimensions of the rack will dictate where it can be placed within a data center—as such, selecting the correct size server rack for your needs is vital.
A server rack needs the right size to accommodate all servers, networking equipment, and other components stored inside. But how do you know what size rack to get?
This article will discuss server computer racks sizes and how to get the correct dimensions for your needs.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Server Rack
1. Identify the Dimensions of the Space You Have Available
The server computer racks must fit well within your space, so make sure to measure the area’s height, width, and depth before making your purchase.
2. Pick the Right Size Server Rack
It is vital to ensure that your data center runs smoothly. By taking the time to consider your needs, you can ensure that you get the perfect shelf for your space.
- When choosing a server rack, it is essential to consider the size of the equipment that will be stored in it. The rack’s width, depth and height must be able to accommodate the equipment. For example, a 50cm wide rack must be able to accommodate equipment that is below 50 cm wide.
- The depth of the rack is also necessary to consider. The shelf’s depth must accommodate the equipment, plus any cable management devices that will be used.
- The height of the rack must be able to accommodate the equipment, plus any cooling devices that will be used. Cooling devices can add to the height of the equipment, so it’s essential to factor this in when choosing a rack.
When choosing a server rack, it is vital to get the correct dimensions. The rack’s width, depth and height must be able to accommodate the equipment that will be stored in it. Cable management and cooling devices must also be considered when choosing a rack.
3. Decide What Equipment You Store in the Rack
You can probably get away with a smaller rack if you only have a few servers. However, if you have a lot of equipment, you will need a larger storage rack.
4. Consider the Future Growth of Your Data Center
If you are planning to add more equipment in the future, you will need to get a larger rack now to accommodate this expansion.
It is vital to choose the right server computer racks size for your needs. The rack’s height, width and depth will all impact the amount of space you have to work with and the number of servers you can fit inside. Measure your length carefully and consider your options before making a purchase.
TP Communications has been helping organizations navigate technology for over 25 years and offers a variety of services to its clients. We aim to find an optimal customized solution for each client, whether it is service, network equipment, cabling, training or business phones. If you’re looking for computer racks in Calgary and nearby areas, we have you covered. Contact us for more details.